- How do I find a job on PetroleumEmployment.com?
- There are three different ways to search or browse our job listings:
- From the Home page, select “Search Jobs” at the top of the page. This will bring up a long list of different job titles to pick from. You can select up to four job titles to search. Then when you move to the next page, you will see the job listings for those job titles.
- From the home page you can also select the “Browse Jobs” button the right-center of the page. This method is the same as looking at all of the jobs at one time. When you select this link, a table will appear with the job listings in it. This table can be sorted by any of the columns. Its super easy to use.
- See a job in an unknown country? No problem. Just click on the country name and a map will come up that will show you where it is!
- If I see a job that I like, then what do I do?
- If you want to be considered for a job, then you must apply for that job. Here is how to do it:
- The first step is to post your CV on the website. Just click on any of the three “Post Resume” buttons on the home page and then follow the instructions carefully.
- Once you post your CV, then you must wait for our administrators to approve your posting before you can apply for a job. It normally takes our administrators less than 12 hours to approve your CV. You will get an email confirming when we have finished reviewing the CV.
- After your CV is approved then you can go back to the job descriptions and apply for the jobs listed. Applying for a job is very easy. All you have to do is to answer the Yes/No questions in the Job description, and then hit “Apply for This Job” at the bottom of the page. When you apply for a job, the employer will then be able to see your CV. They will only see your CV summary at first so it is important that your CV summary is brief, and descriptive. It should NOT be more than 100-200 words in length. If the employer likes what they see, then they will then have the option to view the rest of your online CV. They will also have the option to download the word version of your CV if you uploaded it to our server.
- What kind of information should I put in the CV Summary and CV Details fields?
- The CV Summary Field is probably the most important field for your CV. It is what the employer will see first when you apply for a job. This field is limited to only 200 words, so you must keep your summary brief. There are two good approaches for filling out the CV Summary:
- For People with a Lot of Experience: If you have a lot of experience, then go right to the point with your CV summary. Say something like this….. Degreed Petroleum Engineer from Colorado School of Mines. Over 15 years experience working as an Exploration Geologist in the North Sea. Five years experience working as an exploration manager for Cairn Energy in India. Proven track record for finding reserves. Willing to relocate with a family status assignment. Etc…
- For People with limited Experience: If you don’t have much experience then you may want to say something like this….Recent graduate from Texas A&M University in Petroleum Engineering. Currently seeking any work opportunities where I can expand my knowledge in the areas of Reservoir Engineering or Completions Engineering. Would prefer to stay in the Houston area. Etc….
- DO NOT enter in any contact details into the CV Summary or CV Details sections. Any address, telephone, or email information will be removed – or your entire CV could be rejected.
- The CV Details Field is the place where you enter in your work history. If you are a college student, then you may want to just say “No Experience”. But if you do have experience, then we would suggest that you copy the work experience section of your CV and then paste it into the CV Details field. Make sure that you replace our message in this field!! There are numerous different formats to use, and if you need some help then you may want to download some of the example CVs from the home page, fill it out, and then cut and past your work information back into the CV Details Field. DO NOT enter in any contact details into this section. Any address, telephone, or email information will be removed – or your entire CV could be rejected. Do not put any photographic or graphical information into this field or your CV could be rejected.
- What are the Common Mistakes that People make when they are Entering Their online CVs?
- These are the biggest mistakes:
- Putting in your contact details in the CV Summary or CV Details field is not allowed! If you do this, then your CV will be rejected and you will have to re-enter it. We already have all of your contact information in the other fields so listing it again in the CV Summary or CV Details Fields is not allowed.
- Using too many graphical or photographic information could corrupt your information. Yes, it is possible to copy and paste your CV from a Word Document to the CV Summary and Details fields, but if you do this, then only copy the work experience section of your CV. If you have any kind of graphics, then it will corrupt the data and then your CV will be rejected. Check the input information carefully before you submit it. Most of the time table information will paste just fine and you are encouraged to use tables to make your information more readable.
- Using a font that is too small. Don’t use a font that is less than 10 point. Its too small to read online. Its probably best if you use a 12 point font for our system.
- Don’t write a “Letter to The Employer.” Writing a “cover letter” and then pasting it into the CV summary or CV details sections is annoying to people who just want to see your CV details. Plus the CV summary field size is limited to a maximum of 200 words. Don’t write a letter!
- Adding too many spaces – Yes, you may not have much to say, or you may not have much experience, but adding a lot of spaces in order to take up a page will just irritate the reader when he tries to read it online. Adding a lot of extra spaces is not going to make your experience look better.
- Can you put me in direct contact with employers?
- Sorry, but we cannot do that because most of our clients want to use our website to screen applicants first. So if you are looking for a job then the best thing to do is to Post your CV, and then apply for the jobs you are interested in. When you post your CV, then you will be allowed to select up to 4 job titles that you are interested in. When you do that then we will notify you of any new jobs that are posted for those positions – then you can always come back and apply for the new jobs.
- Is PetroleumEmployment.com hiring people at the present time?
- If we are, then we will post a job on our own site…so look at the job postings please…
- How much does it cost to place an Ad on PetroleumEmployment.com?
- Small ads on the right-hand-side of the home page cost $2500 per month.
- Header or Footer ads are $5000 per month.
- Left-hand ads are $3000 per month.
- How can we pay for the advertisement?
- You can pay by three different ways:
- You can pay by credit card. We’ll call you for the details.
- You can pay by wire transfer.
- We can invoice you if you are a well-known company and you can provide us a purchase order number.
- For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I place an Advertisement on PetroleumEmployment.com?
- You can get your ad placed to two different ways. The easiest way is to select the “Place an Ad” link on our home page. Then enter your email address and password to create an account. This will then bring you directly to our advertising page where you can follow the instructions to place an ad.
- How big should my Advertisement be?
- There are three ad sizes available as follows:
- Sideline Ads are 90 x 100 pixels. This ad costs $2500 USD per month.
- Vertical Bar Ads are 120 x 300 pixels. This ad costs $3500 USD per month.
- Horizontal Bar Ads are 619 x 84 pixels. This ad costs $5000 USD per month.
- I don’t know how to put my company logo into the right size and format. Can PetroleumEmployment.com format the ad for us?
- Yes we can and we will do it at no extra charge. Just call “Chuck” at +6012-280-5982 and he will work with you to get your ad placed for you. Or you can email us at email@example.com.
- Can I link an Ad to my company home page?
- Of course! When you follow the home page link to place an ad, then you will be prompted to enter in the link details for the page that you want to link to.
- How much does it cost to post a job?
- $300 USD for each job posting. Companies who need employees on a regular basis can create a corporate account for $3000/month. With a corporate account, you can post an unlimited number of jobs on the site.
- How do I post a job on PetroleumEmployment.com?
- Posting a job is easy to do and it only takes a few minutes of your time. When you click “Post a Job” on the home page, then it is an easy three step process to post the job:
- First you will enter in your company details. You only have to do this once.
- Then you fill out a form that will tell us where the job is, what the job title is, etc. On this form there are also three fields for a “Short Job Description”, “Detailed Job Description,” and a “Skills Required” sections. And the good news is that you don’t have to type a single word if you have the job descriptions already typed out in a Microsoft Word document. If you have a word document then all you have to do is to copy it and paste I into the fields shown. It takes less than 2 minutes to post a job.
- After you post the first job, then they system will let you post more jobs as required until your done. Simple!
- We will review each job posting within 24 hours.
- After I post a job on PetroleumEmployment.com, then what happens?
- When you post a job then the following things happen:
- If you posted a job for a “Driller”, then everyone in our database who has posted a CV looking for a “Driller” job will get an email that tells them that you just posted a job, and they are encouraged to apply.
- When people apply for the job then you will get an email telling you who applied for the job. You then have the option to go online and view their CV. If you don’t want emails sent to you, then you can turn that option off when you register your company. Its super easy. The system also allows you to rank, or disqualify candidates in order to create a “shortlist” of the best candidates and to make the screening process easier.
- My job posting looks strange when I review it. What can I do to make it look better?
- The system is designed so that people can cut and past information from a Word document. Normally this is super easy to do. But if your font setting is too low, or if you have a lot of graphics in your document, then it may not post in an “appealing” format. So try the following to make it look great:
- Change all of the font sizes to either 11 or 12 point size.
- Bullets and numbers all work fine.
- Tables should cut and past fine too.
- Try to limit the amount of graphics that you are posting. Don’t post pictures, logos, etc into the forms.
- How does a corporate account work? What are the benefits?
- Corporate accounts are set up with a one-year contract. With a corporate account, you can post an unlimited number of jobs on the site. The jobs don’t expire over time. If you have multiple jobs to post then this is the best way to go. With a corporate account you will also be able to place an ad on the home page for free that can link to your own corporate home page. Its all included in the deal.
- What are the Payment Options for posting a job?
- There are three payment options for posting a job:
- By Credit Card
- By Wire Transfer
- We can invoice you if you can provide us with a Purchase Order number.
- Can I get access to all of the CV’s in the PE.com database?
- We have limited access to the CV database because some job seekers want their contact information to remain confidential.
- I don’t have time to post a job. Can PetroleumEmployment.com find people for me?
- Too busy to look for people? We know the feeling! But that’s ok. If you just want to tell us the job description or job title, and then have us do the search for you then we can do that. The pricing structure is different depending on the kind of people that you are looking for. So If you are interested in this option, then email us and then we can discuss our options. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.